Page Banner


When do I need to report a spill?

Spills of petroleum products and other hazardous substances must be reported if they exceed certain quantities. View more information regarding reporting criteria.

Whom should I call to report a spill?

Call the State Warning Point at 1-800-320-0519. 

How do I find a contractor to help clean up a spill?

The Office of Emergency Response maintains a list of contractors who can clean up certain types of spills. Presence on this list is not an endorsement of any contractor.

How do I get on the contractor list?

Contact OER at 850-245-2010. Your business must be registered to do business with the state of Florida. Please be prepared to submit proof of experience in the cleanup area you are requesting, as well as proof of training and liability insurance.

Where do I get copies of the forms that I need to report spills?

Electronic copies of common forms are available on our Resources and Links page.

Last Modified:
September 11, 2023 - 7:34pm

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: