Page Banner

Drycleaner Registration Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions

The following are frequently asked questions about Drycleaner Registration.

What is the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Electronic Self-Service Application (ESSA) Business Portal?

The DEP ESSA Business Portal is an open door for residents, local governments and the private sector to find information and transact business with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.

What can I do in the DEP ESSA Business Portal?

  • Path A: Pay Invoice
  • Path B: Retrieve Certificate Copy
  • Path C: Update Existing Facility
  • Path D: Assume Ownership of Existing Facility
  • Path E: Register New Facility - Existing Owner

How do I register as a DEP ESSA Business Portal user?

Visit the Business Portal Registration page and fill in the required information. Once you register, you will receive a verification email. Then, you can sign in by creating a password.

What is an "Application Friendly Name"?

An Application Friendly Name is a name you give this process in the event that you need to stop and continue later.

When you return to the Business Portal, choose "Continue,” then "An Incomplete Self Service Authorization." The name you selected will be displayed along with any other submittals you have in process.

(However, this name once used cannot be used again.)

An example for your project name would be "XYZ Drycleaner".

How do I pay and receive a copy of my invoice?

Visit the DEP Business Portal.

Sign in and go to Path "A".

You must have your STCM Account Number (which can only be found on your previous certificate or invoice) in order to receive your certificate.

If you have any trouble, please call us at 850-245-8839 for assistance. 

What method of payments are acceptable?

VISA, Mastercard, business or personal check payments may be made through the DEP Business Portal or by sending us a check or money order. We do not accept American Express.

Can I pay over the phone? 

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection cannot accept payments over the phone.

Can I mail in my payment?    

Yes, payments may be mailed to:

Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Waste Registration
PO Box 3070
Tallahassee, FL 32315-3070

To whom do I make the check or money order payable?

Make check or money order payable to: DEP Storage Tank Registration

(Please be sure to include your STCM Account Number on your check or money order).

Can I get a refund? 

You may receive a refund if your account shows that there is an overage payment. 

  • If payment was made by check, the refund will be paid back to the name on the check.
  • Payments made by credit card will be refunded back to the credit card. 

How do I get a certificate? 

Once your payment is made online, your certificate will be sent to your email address promptly. 

For payments mailed in, your certificate will be available for you to print online after your payment has posted.  The payment and certificate issuance process can take up to 2 weeks for completion. 

Why do I need a certificate? 

  • Section 376.303, Florida Statutes, requires joint registration by the operator, owner, and real property owner of drycleaning and wholesale supply facilities. Submittal of the completed Registration Form (Form DC 1) and payment of a $100 initial registration fee is required for all new drycleaner and wholesale supply facilities.
  • Changes or revisions to a current registration may be provided through submittal of a revised registration form.
  • There is no fee associated with revising a current registration.

NEW FACILITIES should submit the registration form (Form DC 1) to the department 45 days prior to the facility opening. Once the registration form is received the Department will send an invoice for the initial $100 registration fee. Upon payment of the fee the department will issue the certificate of registration. This certificate of registration will be necessary to purchase drycleaning solvents.

Where can I get a drycleaner tank registration form?

View the Drycleaning and Wholesale Supply Facility Registration Form and Instructions.

How do I get a copy of the previous year’s certificate?

You cannot obtain a copy of the previous year’s certificate. Only the current year’s certificate is available. 

How do I change the owner name? 

Update the Drycleaning Registration form and e-mail to or visit the DEP Buisness Portal.

How do I update the accounts payable or recipient who receives the annual invoice alert? 

Update the Drycleaning Registration form and e-mail to or or visit the DEP Buisness Portal.

Last Modified:
April 1, 2022 - 10:12am

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: