Page Banner

FAQ: Land Sales to the State

Would the state be interested in buying my property?

It depends on the property. For specific information, contact the Division of State Lands at 850-245-2555.

What is needed to close on a property?

Generally, three due diligence products are needed for a closing with the state: title commitment, survey and environmental site assessment. Once received, the products must be reviewed and approved by staff members, such as closing staff, attorneys and potential managers.

What is an environmental site assessment?

An environmental site assessment is a physical inspection of a site (land and improvements) to determine if environmental problems or concerns exist, such as a leaking aboveground storage tank.

How can I donate land to the state?

The state of Florida does accept land donations, and the process follows the same basic procedures as selling land to the state. An appraisal is not required as a condition of receipt of land by the state and the acquired property has to be assigned an active manager.

Last Modified:
March 14, 2024 - 12:34pm

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: