Thursday, April 01, 2021 - 12:30pm EDT to Friday, April 02, 2021 - 5:00pm EDT
Office of Resilience and Coastal Protection
Coral Reef Conservation Program
DEP Coral Reef Conservation Program is holding a biannual two-day meeting of its Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to update committee members and facilitate discussion with team members regarding the following:
1. Have TAC help narrow down feedback and define SOW for LAS MICCI 28/28b and FDOU 51 projects.
2. Present latest results of local and national reef monitoring efforts.
3. Discuss with TAC the possibility of adding additional capacity for emerging areas of concern.
4. Update TAC on CPR projects, connect water quality issues in ECA with Keys, and understand the new Biennial Assessment of Impaired Waters from DEAR.
5. Share current water quality research and results in ECA region.
6. Update TAC on status of SCTLD and share related research and results.
7. Inform TAC of State-wide restoration plan.
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is the state’s lead agency for environmental management and stewardship – protecting our air, water and land. The vision of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is to create strong community partnerships, safeguard Florida’s natural resources and enhance its ecosystems.