Page Banner

South District Permitting

Apply for a PermitSchedule a Pre-Application MeetingThe South District Office is responsible for reviewing certain permit applications for Air, Domestic and Industrial Wastewater, Drinking Water, Solid Waste, Underground Injection Control, and Submerged Lands and Environmental Resource Protection in the following counties:

Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Highlands, Lee and Sarasota.

Please contact our main office at 239-344-5600 to schedule a pre-application meeting or to be connected to one of our permit processors.

Ryan Snyder, Program Administrator

Permit Application Forms
Permitting Contacts

Permits Applications Under Review
Permitting Application Subscription Service (PASS)

State 404 Program Public Notices
South District Projects of Heightened Public Concern

Permit Application Forms

ERP Permit Application Forms

Application forms and supplemental materials should be emailed to

Apply online for certain activities using the Business Portal.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What Permits qualify for a Time Extension for a State of Emergency?TimeManagementTwoIcon

Time Extensions for Emergency Orders

Buying Property

I’m interested in a parcel of residential property. How do I know if it’s buildable?
Many of the platted subdivisions in Florida were created before the current laws were passed that address issues like stormwater (the flow of water that results from, and that occurs immediately following, a rain event) treatment, flood control and wetland protection. Even though a parcel is within a platted subdivision, it may include wetlands that fall under DEP permitting regulations. If any activity (construction, alteration, operation, maintenance, abandonment, or removal of any project including dredging or filling), including construction of a single-family residence, impacts a wetland area, it will require an Environmental Resource Permit (ERP).

How can I find out if the parcel is wetlands?
This presentation shows you how to use DEP's online mapping tools to find out if you might have wetlands on your property. If you might have wetlands, learn what you need to do to find out exactly where the wetlands are, and whom to call if you need a wetland permit.


What is a mangrove?
The 1996 Mangrove Trimming and Preservation Act defines a mangrove as any specimen of the species Laguncularia racemosa (white mangrove), Rhizophora mangle (red mangrove), or Avicennia germinans (black mangrove). The Mangrove Act does not distinguish between living and dead mangroves, so the same trimming regulations apply to each.

top of page

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: