Page Banner

Submerged Lands and Environmental Resources Coordination Program

Submerged Lands and Environmental Resource Coordination is responsible for the consistent implementation of the Environmental Resource Program and the State 404 Program statewide. 

The Environmental Resource Permitting (ERP) Program regulates activities in, on or over surface waters or wetlands, as well as any activity involving the alteration of surface water flows. This includes new activities in uplands that generate stormwater runoff from upland construction, as well as dredging and filling in wetlands and other surface waters. Environmental Resource Permit applications are processed by either the department or one of the state's water management districts, in accordance with the division of responsibilities specified in operating agreements between the department and the water management districts. The ERP Program is in effect throughout the state. 

The State 404 Program assumes the federal dredge and fill permitting program under section 404 of the federal Clean Water Act within certain waters. See the State 404 Program page for more information.

Local Program Delegation

To implement this statutory authority, the department adopted a rule, Chapter 62-344, Florida Administrative Code, to guide local governments in the application process and the criteria that will be used to approve or deny a delegation request.

ERP Application Notices

The notices provided on the subsequent pages consist of applications that DEP staff reasonably expect to result in a heightened public concern or administrative proceeding, based on the size; potential effect on the environment or the public; potential controversial nature; and the location of the activities. This is not a complete list of application submittals. Please contact your local DEP office for more information.

Find an ERP Permit

A variety of options exist to search for information about permitted ERP projects and to receive notifications for future applications. It is possible to search for permit applications under review; consumptive use or water use permits; map permit locations; and publicly available documents for department-issued permits, verified exemptions or self-certifications. Offices of the DEP districts, water management districts (WMD), or delegated local programs will also assist in locating information about ERP permits.

Permitting Activities in conjunction with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE)


Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: