Page Banner

Solid Waste Financial Assurance Forms

Financial Assurance Forms & Forms Guidance

For proof of financial assurance, originally signed duplicates of financial instruments shall be submitted on the appropriate parts of DEP Form 62-701.900(5), pursuant to Rule 62-701.630(6)(a), F.A.C. When one of these form is properly completed and signed, it becomes a financial assurance instrument.  Form Guidance is found on each "form page" linked below.  A General Information PDF provides guidance on multimedia features on these forms.
Note: If a letter of credit, bond or insurance is used, a standby trust fund agreement [Form 62-701.900(5)(h)] is also required.


Financial Assurance Forms

Besides the form, most of these pages contain Form Guidance, Example Amendments, and a link to the Standby Trust Fund Agreement when one is required.

Interlocal Agreements

  • Three counties (Orange, Santa Rosa and Escambia) have agreements with DEP that allow for separate county cost estimates to be submitted to the county and the financial assurance mechanism submitted to DEP must cover the higher of the county and DEP estimates.
  • The County Agreements page includes specific county agreements and required documents.

Delegation of Authority Letter

Signatory for the owner or operator on bonds, trust funds and letters-of-credit cover letters should normally be the president of a corporation, managing member of an LLC, or equivalent for entity type. If the name of the president (or equivalent) is not found on the Florida Division of Corporations website (Sunbiz), or if anyone else signs, additional documentation will be required.  This sample Delegation of Authority letter includes some guidance.

Other Solid Waste forms

Information for facilities requiring financial assurance

Contact Information  850-245-8743 (Solid Waste - South, Southeast and Southwest DEP District facilities)  850-245-8740 (Solid Waste - Northeast, Northwest and Central DEP District facilities, most Used Oil facilities)  850-245-8793 (Hazardous Waste) (Disponible para ayuda en español.)
Shared mailbox:
If your district representative cannot be reached, feel free to contact any of the other team members.

Send original signature financial assurance instruments to:
Financial Assurance Working Group
Florida Department of Environmental Protection
2600 Blair Stone Road  MS 4548
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-2400


Solid Waste Financial Assurance Main Page  *  Cost Estimates  *  County Agreements  *  Facility List: Solid Waste   *  Facility List: Used Oil  *  Facility List: WasteTires  *  Forms and Form Guidance  *  Provider Companies  *  Rules & Related Laws

Last Modified:
September 27, 2021 - 3:34pm

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: