Page Banner

Storage Tank Financial Assurance Forms

Transition to New Form Parts

Storage Tank Financial Assurance Forms

Form 62-761.900(3) Parts A - P

The responsible party (either the Owner or the Operator of storage tanks) must maintain financial assurance mechanism(s) to meet the requirements of Rules 62‑761 and 62‑762. Completed parts of Form 62-761.900(3) - Financial Mechanisms for Storage Tanks must be used to meet these financial responsibility (FR)* requirements. Recent rule changes require the use of DEP form parts for all new submittals.  Records maintained off-site must be made available upon request of the implementing agency. 

Parts A - P of Form 62-761.900(3) are the mechanisms (insurance certificates, guarantees, etc.) and the Certification of Financial Responsibility that must be used. The responsible party should complete (or have their financial institution complete) and maintain only those Parts that are needed. Guidance can be found on the complete form [pages i and ii of Form 62‑761.900(3)] and mechanism specific guidance can be found on the selected mechanism 'form page'.

General Guidance (FAQ)

Required by All

Certification of Financial Responsibility - Form 62-761.900(3) Part P

  • This form part must be updated whenever a financial mechanism is replaced, renewed or amended 
  • It acts as a cover letter and provides summary information about all mechanisms used for FR

Available to All Owners and Operators

Available only to Government Entities

Provider Companies

List of known Insurance Providers for Storage Tank Owners And Operators (EPA 510-K-13-002)

This EPA produced PDF booklet provides Storage Tank owners and operators with a list of insurance providers who may be able to help them comply with financial responsibility requirements by providing a suitable insurance mechanism. Although this publication is compiled for UST facility needs, it is useful for AST facilities as well.

Provider Companies

This list of provider companies consists of companies providing financial assurance for Solid Waste facilities, and includes several companies offering standby trust fund agreements. It may be useful to Storage Tank owners or operators.

Contact Information 850-245-8743 (South and Southwest Districts) 850-245-8793 (Northeast and Southeast Districts) (Disponible para ayuda en español.) 850-245-8740 (Central and Northwest Districts)
Shared e-mail:
If your district representative cannot be reached, feel free to contact any of the other team members.

DEP District and County Contact List for Storage Tank Program


* - The terms "financial responsibility" and "financial assurance" are often used interchangeably.

** - Requires establishment of Standby Trust Fund Agreement


Storage Tank Financial Responsibility Main Page  *  Forms (Mechanisms)  *  Form Guidance (FAQs)  *  Rules and Related Laws  *  Storage Tank Program Contact List

Last Modified:
September 15, 2017 - 1:43pm

Some content on this site is saved in an alternative format. The following icons link to free Reader/Viewer software:
PDF: | Word: | Excel: